When my daughter announced that she now had a Kindle, I volunteered to make a cover. She lives across the country in Spokane, WA, so I didn't have a model to work with. But, conveniently, Bernina offered a pattern in their latest issue of their online e-magazine, Through the Needle. Their design, as I would expect, was a little fancier, including a small pocket on the back and a design for the front cover that allowed one to use some of Bernina's wonderful decorative stitch options. I found the pattern easy to follow and finished the entire project in an afternoon. Since I have had a good experience with using batting as padding in my iPad case, I simply used some batting I had in my stash rather than the fiberform suggested in the directions. In fact, everything I needed to make the case was in my stash. :)
Here is how the cover turned out. I think my daughter will be pleased!
|Front of Kindle cover|
|Back of Kindle cover|